Founded in 1985 we started life as the Ashdown Golf Society and we were based at the Ashdown Hotel. We are affiliated to the Royal Ashdown Golf Club where the club is now based in the West Course bar. We were recognised by England Golf in 2003.
Built in 1899 and transformed in 1932 the West Course is surrounded by lovely woodland and is a relatively level walk with short distances between holes (except one!). With some delightful views the course is a joy to play on. Golf World declared it the number one course under 6000 yards in the UK.
We have our own Committee, run our own competitions, golf trips in the UK and abroad, matches against local clubs, and whilst the emphasis has always been on competitive golf we offer a friendly and sociable environment for golfers of all standards. With 10 minute tee slots, dedicated tee times and priority booking up to one month ahead, waiting on the tee is almost unknown. We also have some reciprocal tee times on the Old Course.
We have no joining fee but we make a small administration charge to cover affiliation costs, liability insurance, and the club tie. Details of the current subscription can be found on our Membership page Membership Section